So 2017 has finally come to an end. For some, this has been a year of new adventures and great energy. For the rest of us, we’re just happy it’s over. However, what we can all agree with is that 2017 is one for the books.
I plan on making changes in 2018, however, I don’t want to use the new year’s clichè: New Year, New Me…..Yawn.
Instead, I am going into the new year with different “practices”, if you will, that will bring good energy, positivity my way and help me achieve the results I desire. Below are Tia’s 2018 #Goals:
- Clear Skin. I need my skin to be clear as if the Glo Gawds have rested their hands on my forehead. I’ve been blessed to never have had bad dermatological skin issues and I want my skin to always look its best especially in the winter when our skin tends to be more dry than usual. Lemon water will be my friend all 2018.
- Embracing my natural curls. So as most of you know, I did the big chop about a year ago and it has been a big adjustment for me. I still wear wigs for a couple of reasons. One, I like the fact that I can switch it up from long to short hair whenever I please. And two, I want to cover and protect my natural hair so that it can grow faster. This coming year, I want to work on finding natural styles that I like and embracing them some days rather than my wigs.
- Make this the year of travel. I love love love to travel and want to do more of it in 2018. This can include traveling on a plane out of the country, or just doing a weekend getaway in another city. Traveling is so important. I have a couple of trips put together already and plan on adding to the list.
- Work, work, work, work, work *Rihanna voice*. I am a 24 year old college graduate and am not working at my dream job…yet. It’s frustrating at times because my main source of income comes from working an entry-level retail job. As much as I despise it, I have to remember that it is just a stepping stone and is not going to be forever. However, for right now I have to respect the job and work as much as I can because it pays my bills, allows me to save, and provides me the money to travel. And that’s all.
- Loans. This one is a little more personal. I’ve been out here trying to live my best life acting like my loans do not exist, but it’s time to straighten up and start making small payments because even though I cannot see the loan, it unfortunately still exists.
- Step up my STYLE game. I have a great sense of style *hairflip*, but I want to change it up a little bit. For example, I tend to rock a lot of neutral colors and I want to add more bold colors to my wardrobe, especially my shoe collection. No more playing it safe.
I intend to keep up these practices for the entire year and not just halfway through February and give up. Send me some words of encouragement! Also, I’d love to hear what some of your goals are for the upcoming year! Comment below!