This past Saturday, I was fortunate enough to be invited to Beautifully Bold, an event presented by CORE Magazine. Geared towards young girls, this event covered the do’s and do not’s of skin care, health, makeup, nails, and hair with a full panel of experts. I took over their Instagram account for the day to cover the event via live video and spoke to some of the panelists and influencers one on one about my own beauty needs.
There were sooooo many amazing things I learned from all of the experts, so I’ve complied a list below of the top ten things we covered that day. Some of these tips we already knew but needed to be emphasized again.
- Your eyebrows are NOT twins, they are sisters.
- There is no such thing as conditioning too much.
- If you are worried about the amount of acne building up on your face, cut out dairy for a week.
- Contrary to popular belief, EVERYONE should use sunscreen no matter how old you are or how much melanin you have. It is the best anti-aging cream!
- Putting gel on your nails can be a healthy way for them to grow, however, if not properly cared for, it can have a negative effect.
- The best time of the year to straighten your hair is in the winter. No humidity, no frizz.
- Never, EVER fill in your eyebrows with black.
- You have to properly prep your skin before putting on your makeup everyday.
- Co-washing is like rinsing with water and conditioning. It isn’t totally necessary to buy one, but doesn’t hurt either.
- Everyone has a different beauty routine that works for them. Don’t knock your own routine because someone is doing something different than you.
The Beautifully Bold event ended with a quick makeup tutorial showing how to do a fresh face for an everyday look and some giveaways. We also received a goodie bag full of hair products which I will post about soon!
Peep some pics below …
Unarthodox | Chelsea, NY
(From Left to Right)
Nail Artist: Melissa (works at The Nail Suite where Yoncé gets her nails done)
Skincare Expert: Seven Brown (owner of Harlem Skin and Laser)
Hair Care Experts: Monique & Yessenia (creators of the hair care line Curls)
Makeup Artist: Shani
Nutritionist: Michelle Maldonado
The lovely ladies that attended the event 🙂
A little fresh face tutorial
…aaaaaand a quick flick of the founders of CORE Magazine ❤
Peace & Love